Sunday 15 August 2010

America

I've just got back from 2 weeks in the US. Well, I actually got back on Tuesday, but since then have been busy doing some climbing instruction to pay for all the nice things I bought while I was over there... now my feet have actually touched the ground my camera has finally made contact with my computer!
I visited New York, New Hampshire and Vermont, visited and saw lots of people. When people talk about the states they often comment on how big and over whelming it is, and while I never had that feeling of having no idea what is going on, I certainly was starting to get a bit burnt out by the end of my trip.
I started off in New York and one of my favourite places that I visited was in uptown Manhattan called The Cloisters. In my oh so diplomatic way I described it to some friend as "a load of bits stolen from European Monasteries, all put together in one hodge-podge building where the MET stores all their Medieval art work". However as the US doesn't technically have any history that old I suppose they can be forgiven, it certainly is an oasis of calm in one of the busiest cities in the world.

DSCF0498

DSCF0485

DSCF0482

DSCF0470

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos. The Cloisters is high on my list of things to see in NYC. Vermont is lovely too. I spent my summers on Lake Willoughby in north eastern Vermont when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete