Friday 20 August 2010

America part 3

Recently I've been listening to the news about plans to build a mosque near to the site of ground zero in New York with interest. I'm not going to go in to details of right or wrong now but it seems that so many in America have forgotten that the people who flew the planes in to the World Trade Centre were a minority who have been condemned for what they did by the vast majority of people who are Muslims.

DSCF0435

DSCF0417

Nearly 10 years ago this photo would have featured the Twin Towers, I walked past the site where they are rebuilding, it's a busy bustling area now, I did find this fence though decorated with tiles commemorating the people who died when I was wandering through another area of the city. The tiles themselves are beautiful, though are starting to fall off the fence as the wire rusts, maybe it's a sign that it's time to move on?

DSCF0401

No comments:

Post a Comment