Tuesday 17 August 2010

America Part 2

Just a quick post today. I'm at my parents house and Mum is champing at the bit to go shopping.

One of my favourite things to do in strange cities is to just wander about, you find all sorts of thing by just taking a walk than charging from one sight to another. I have a bit of a "thing" about grave yards, they're a real connection to the real history of a place so I was delighted to stumble upon this one in downtown Manhattan.

DSCF0448

DSCF0449

In the same graveyard was also a monument to the people who died while being held captive by the dastardly British during the war of Independence, however no photos of that as the only way you could fit all of it in was to stand in the middle of a New York street which seemed like a bad idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment