Saturday 14 February 2009

Like the blind leading the blind

The idea of me teaching anyone to spin yet seems quite laughable. After all 1 month ago the idea of owning a spinning wheel was a bit of a dream but not looking likely in the near future. Of course I then was very lucky and given a wheel, and the rest as they say is history!
It's half term holiday in the UK this week and I've come home for a bit of pampering and a cheap holiday. I bought my spinning wheel with me as Mum really wanted a go and as it turns out one of her friends who also knits is coming over for a go and my Aunty wants a go. I've no idea if how I spin is even right so teaching other people seems a little odd. However I do produce yarn that looks like it should, which really is the main idea, it doesn't really matter how you make it (I hope!). It's a bit like the right and wrong way to knit argument. As long as you produce a knitted item that's all that matters not how you do it!

Mum had a go last night, and actually was annoyingly good, I think she might be a bit of a natural.
Teaching Mum to spin
Teaching Mum to spin

No comments:

Post a Comment