Wednesday 31 December 2008

more Mull

I'm pretending New Year isn't happening, well as I'm in bed with new pajamas on it seems pretty certain I'm not going anywhere. However Chocolat is on in a little while and it's a film I've always wanted to see and never got round to. I may watch that treat myself to the chocolate fondant recipe I listed in the advent calender and have some of Mum's homemade sloe gin.
I have planned my Rainbows for next term and got everything planned for next week. I'm also about to cast on a new lace project while I wait for my mittens to dry so I can check they fit before I cast on the second one.

Meanwhile some more Mull

The view from the cottage window

This was the view out of the front window. We'd put leftovers out for the birds every morning and one morning we saw a buzzard/eagle on the front lawn. the debate has rang all week. If it was a buzzard it was the largest one we've ever seen, but it seems unlikely you'd get an eagle on the lawn eating leftover sandwiches!


Between us we spent most of the holiday ill. I travelled up on Saturday with a fever and generally feeling like I was going to die. I still wasn't up to much on Sunday so we just went for a walk around the cottage, and met some cows on a beach.

Beach cattle

After that everyone else one by one fell to a vomiting and diarrhea bug, finishing with my Dad the night before we left, as a result most of the things we wanted to see before we left went un-seen. We'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment