Sunday 20 January 2008

Some food

As I'm currently just cooking for myself I'm finding more and more that I can't be bothered to cook. When it's just for you, and you've already filled your small freezer with leftovers it's often hard to get motivated when you're tired. However today I made a concerted effort and cooked my ever reliable (apart when I forget they're in the oven) chocolate chip cookies, and a recipe for pizza I'd seen on a cooking programme this morning.
The cookies were wonderful, the pizza a real disappointment, so much so I'm not even going to share the recipe. The dough itself was good, though I should have added more salt, but I should have trusted my instincts on the topping. the recipe just recommended that you drain a can of chopped tomatoes, however as I'd suspected this was really acidic and had none of the mellow tomato flavour I like on pizza. It was then topped by a ball of mozzarella, which I always find a little bland on it's own, but again I trusted the recipe, and guess what, there was nowhere near enough cheese and it just wasn't cheesy enough!
I've got half the dough in the freezer so next time I will trust my instincts and will make a cooked tomato sauce, and use cheddar as well as mozzarella.

Apart from that the leaf count is up to 32, so only 16 to go until I can look forward to ironing them all and sewing them together!

I've also got to work on applying for jobs, and crikey it's hard work talking yourself up for 3 pages in an application letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment