Sunday 30 December 2007

I spy...

a very big bill. I went to the opticians today for the first time in a while. I've worn glasses since I was about 13, contacts since I was about 17, I know my eye sight sucks, but today really rubbed it in. My left eye has stayed the same it's -2.5 with astigmatism, but my right eye was -3.5, and is now -4.25. I now have the sort of prescription that made me gasp when I heard other people say it.
as it urns out my eye sight is now so bad that I need ultra thin lens in my glasses at a price that made me gasp to. Turns out if I don't pay about £90 per lens I will look like I'm wearing milk bottles, and only be able to have horrible glasses. As it happens I had to put back half the ones I really liked as I need a full frame around the lens even with ultra thin lenses. All in all having eye sight this bad sucks, and at £300 for my glasses plus about £15 a month for contacts I can see it won't be long until laser surgery actually becomes a cheaper option!

No comments:

Post a Comment