Saturday 22 December 2007

Another meme because I'm lame

Here's another meme, because I really have nothing to say, this comes coutesy of Carmen at Mom to the Screaming Masses.
My brain has turned in to a mush whose only message is sleep, let me sleep! I've had a really awesome couple of days. Wednesday was the climbing club Christmas dinner, which was an awesome night, though not getting to bed until 2pm was not so great. I still love my dress, though I wish my shoes hadn't hurt my feet so much! (Ps that's me on the right)


Last night i popped round to a friends house to help them eat all their leftovers, as we're all going our separate ways to go home for Christmas. It was a really nice evening so thanks guys.

Anyway, what you've been waiting for, a new meme.


1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Became district commissioner.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make one, and won't this year, I'm so angelic that I have no bad habits to give up!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, though I'm predicting babies in the next few years, as I keep telling all of them, get married, I want to buy a hat!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No deaths, and hopefully the same for next year.

5. What countries did you visit?
Ireland.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
The ability to recognise I should get out when it's all going wrong

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None really, probably graduation day, but I don't know the date.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating with a 2:1, surviving my first teaching practise.

9. What was your biggest failure?
My relationship with Lex

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Surprisingly healthy this year, long may it continue!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Comforter bath bubble bars from Lush, they always lift my spirits.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Mum, for being so brave and quitting her job after working in the same place for the last 20 years.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine probably.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Tuition fees, and rent, £3000 and £250 a month respectively!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The simple things, a pretty new dress, someone doing something nice but unexpectedly so.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Rihanna, Umbrella, in memory of the flood, and sheer volume of rain we had!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) sadder, but that's ok b) about the same and that's a good thing c) richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent time with my friends.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Work, as it turns out I got my 2:1 easily and a first was never on the cards.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In a cottage we've rented with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I was in love when it started and fell out of love.

22. How many one-night stands?
None

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Strictly Come Dancing

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

25. What was the best book you read?
Too many to mention, if you ever want a book recommendation I'm your girl!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Scouting for Girls. I'm loving "Elvis ain't dead" at the moment.

27. What did you want and get?
At the moment I just want sleep, and I'm getting that this week!

28. What did you want and not get?
Lot's of things I wanted and not got...yet!

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't remember going and watching anything, so mustn't have been anything amazing, because I know I went.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Tried to cook Lasagne as the power kept going off, ate cake with friends.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing really, I'm quite content at the moment.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Can a child see my tits in this, or can I look like a slob in this for school days and non-school days!

33. What kept you sane?
Wine!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Daniel Craig, sometimes, though not in James Bond!

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hearing about George Bush doing horrible things to the abortion law, see this post for details

36. Who did you miss?
Nobody, everyone I care about is still in my life.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably most of my PGCE course, Nigel and Tim, I'm going to miss sitting in the staff room dissing you guys!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Breaking up doesn't get any less painful the longer you drag it out for!

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
You never were, you never will be mine.
Robyn, lyrics here


Have a lovely Christmas, if you want to do the meme feel free and leave me a comment so I can come visit. I'm going away for a week, so I'll catch you around New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment