Wednesday 27 June 2007

Thank goodness I live on a hill

I've not made it in to school either today or yesterday, I've tried both days yesterday I got as far as the dual carriageway heading towards the M1, today we didn't even make it that far. While the waters have subsided greatly the dam threatening the M1 is still in danger of bursting, so the motorway is still closed. Many roads are severely damaged, or still under water. School has told us not to come in , as the 25 mile journey is taking as long as 4 hours.

Oh and did I mention it's my birthday today, I'm meant to be having people round to celebrate. Problem is that 12,000 people are without power, they're trying to restore power to them. The problem being some of the sub stations were under 5 foot of water so aren't working, they're trying to sort out power, but in order to do that they're cutting off the power to various parts of the city for 3 hours at a time. I'm praying it won't be while I'm cooking for 10 people tonight.

However at least my house doesn't look like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment