Friday 1 February 2013

A find!

Earlier this week I had a trip to Ikea, we live far enough away that it's a full on day out, usually we're out for 12 hours, so it's pretty exhausting.
While we were looking at fabrics I spotted a cushion, I'd ben looking at cushions all day, but I have a plan that involves weaving some of my own, so hadn't quite seen anything that was "just right".
This one however was perfect!


My very own sheepy cushion, and it was the very last one!

It's not made of wool, but when we got it home and gave it a quick iron it was discovered that it was made of Ramie. Ramie is one of my favourite things for adding to blends at the moment. It's made in the same way as linen, but from nettle stems. It gives a really similar effect to linen, the same drape, with shine, and feel. Works great in wool blends as well. 

As for the sheep they're mostly a mystery. I can definitely spot a Merino, and a Texel,


A Badger Faced


 and a Swaledale


The rest though, are a bit more of a challenge!


Any suggestions, leave them in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. The skin folds on #8 look like a merino!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cushion! I have a page of different breeds of sheep that I kept from a Selvedge magazine, I shall have to dig it out :)

    ReplyDelete