Friday 6 July 2012

Godis Skum

Earlier this week I ventured out of Wales and made for the mecca of all things home ware that is Ikea. An awful lot of my furniture has come from Ikea, for a combination of style and price reasons. This trip has been planned for a while, but Woolfest and work have meant it's been put off for several weeks.

However, I now have a comfy chair for spinning, most important given I'm spinning for the tour de fleece. I've also got on top of the storage I needed for the business.


I also found some Godis Skum.... aka marshmallow sheep!

Very tasty they are too. I've spent today surrounded by sheep as I helped our local farmer roll fleeces as they were shorn. They're only Welsh Mountains so not really any use for the sort of things I spin, but it was interesting day, and I got to have a go at shearing a couple of sheep myself at the end. No pictures because it was rather wet and mucky even though we were in a barn, so you'll have to make do with a Godis Skum picture!


2 comments:

  1. I have that red chair in my studio, it's really comfy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via your profile page on Etsy.
    I'm Holly Marie on Etsy, shop: Turquoise Owl Fibers. Looking forward to browsing your shop!

    ReplyDelete