Sunday 10 April 2011

Iridescent green

I'm not normally a fan of bright things, but I saw this fibre when I visited the Wonderwool Wales festival yesterday and had to have it.

DSCF1204

Now I bet you're thinking "that's not bright", and the dark bits of Shetland aren't, but it's blended with silk, and the Shetland is a very very dark green, and the silk is the same shades but lighter. There were more versions in different colours, and I had to be restrained from buying all of them! The fibre is from Freyalyn's Fibre, her shop is empty right now as she's still at the festival, but it will be updated when she get's back.

When we sat in the sunshine enjoying lunch, this little guy came to say hello. His colours (why are beetles always boys in my mind?) remind me of the fibre I'd just bought. I can't wait to spin it up.

DSCF1200

No comments:

Post a Comment